Vision & Mission
Celebrating New Life in Christ and Renewed Hope for the City
God’s grace gives us a love for our city and a longing to promote its flourishing in every way. Jesus Christ is the heart and soul of our life together (Acts 17:28). As a worshiping community we have confidence in the gospel of Jesus Christ to bring about personal transformation, restored community, social justice, and cultural renewal in Ithaca and throughout the world. Because of what Jesus has accomplished, God’s Spirit gives us new life and the courage to live with joy, mercy, and hope.
- To go: to be present as God’s people in every part of the world and in every area of life and culture.
- To disciple: to gather people from birth into covenant community, and to teach one another how to live joyfully and faithfully in every area, stage, and circumstance of life.
- To believe: to devote ourselves to the mission of God is to live always and everywhere by his power and in his presence until his work in history and creation is complete.
“And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’ ” (Matthew 28:18–20 ESV)
At New Life Presbyterian Church we invite everyone in our community to love and follow Jesus Christ. Because our greatest joy is found in him, we deeply desire to:
- Worship God: in public and private
We purpose to be his sons and daughters who adore him as Father, adopted into his family by grace through Jesus Christ our Savior.
- Know God: through knowledge and through nurture
We purpose to be a loving community of brothers and sisters, helping one another toward healing and maturity in Christ as we apply the truth and wisdom of God’s Word to every area of our lives.
- Serve God: in the church and in the community
We purpose to serve one another and our city through the power and gifting of the Holy Spirit as we demonstrate the truth of God’s love through Christ-like acts of mercy and justice.